First conceived in December 2004, with the first t-shirts made in March 2005, Faster Mustache is an independent organization made up of a diverse group of Atlanta residents with one thing in common: riding bicycles. Fixed or free, geared or single, cruiser, chopper, racer, clunker, we ride 'em. Our interests are as diverse as our riders but we are all dedicated to promoting safer riding conditions in Atlanta and being ambassadors for Atlanta's broad bicycle community. Faster Mustache events cover areas of interests including psychogeography, political/social activism, design, urban transit, urban planning and construction, food and drink, music (FM on Last.fm) and movies, art and culture, mountain biking, and quesadillas. The name came from some Grafitti on the site of a building in Atlanta which is no longer there from a band that no longer exists. You can read more about this here and here. Official logos for use on approved print and web media are available here. More on Flickr.
Momentus occasions in the history of Faster Mustache include:
- Critical Mass Atlanta - The last Friday of every month, 6:07, Woodruff Park
- Faster Beach Trip 2005
- FM24 - "We Dare You" - 97 Estoria - 24 hours, 13 teams, 70 riders, 3200 miles
- Mustache Hotel Party @ The FM Lofts
- Fuck Mother Nature - Hurricane Katrina Benefit party - $1,023.45 donated to the American Red Cross
- FM 1 Year birthday party: 03.04.06
- FM.24.06 - "Good -vs- Evil" - Johnny's Pizza - 24 hours, 37 teams, 175 riders, 8000 miles
- First annual Santa's Little Messenger charity race - 30 riders, 80 toys donated to Toys For Tots
- Tater Tot eating contest and party - March 10th, 2007 - $526 raised and donated to Big City Mountaineers!
- FM 2 Year birthday party with Snowden and DJ Klever. March 31st, 2007. FM2.0 pictures | FM2.0
- FM.24.07 - Johnny's Pizza - 59 teams, 201 riders, 13000 miles
- Second annual Santa's Little Messenger charity race - 92 toys donated to Toys For Tots
- FM.24.08 - Johnny's Pizza - 58 teams, 192 riders, 13800 miles.
- FM.24.09 - Elliott St Deli and Pub
Weekly events may include the following. Consider them ideas for things you could do if you post, as other people will be interested!
- Advanced Training at the Velodrome
- Women/Beginner/Masters races at the Velodrome
- Dirty Mustache Ride: in-town mountain biking, leaving Flying Biscuit on McClendon at 8:30pm. Intermediate/Advanced, 20+ miles, you'll need bright lights for this ride!
- Races at the Velodrome
- FM:Race Training Ride leaves Outback Bikes at 6:30pm for 30 miles and 2000 feet of climbing.
- Critical Mass - Last Friday of every month at 6:07pm at Woodruff Park (Followed by parties)
- Midnight Ride - 11:59pm at Margaret Mitchell Square
- Mountain Biking! and check the calendar
- Brunks On Dikes is the second Saturday of every month.
- check the calendar
In The News
- About Courteous Mass:
- ATLANTA: Bike group's tactic brings crackdown - in the AJC
- About the FM Race team:
- 24 Hours of Conyers - NE, 2008 - on Cyclingnews
- About FM.24.07:
- Viva la Mustache - on Daily Candy
- About FM.24.06:
- About Critical Mass:
- About FM in General:
Want to contact us to find out more or something? Post it in the forums here!. PLEASE NOTE: requests to post events on our calendar will be ignored! Just sign up for a free account and post the event yourself.
Need some help with your account (password issues) or have any concerns about the website (post a new forum topic for feature requests so we can all discuss)? e-mail ckdake at ckdake dot com.
If you have website feedback or suggestions: Just post a new forum topic and the right people will read it and respond to it.
Don't want to see ads? Want extra features? Check out this page for more information.
Like the way this website performs? Want to get cheap quality web hosting for yourself? Check out ithought.org, our hosting provider
The People and some numbers
There are now 1976 of us and some people say who they are here: Introductions
(If you are new you should post information here)
There have been 7646 pages or forum topics posted with 77081 comments!
Who we ride with: Allies